Omelette fillings ideas
Gruyère, avocado, spring onion and chive omelette recipe
- Mix ¼ diced avocado with 2 chopped spring onions and 1 tbsp chopped chives.
- Scatter the omelette with a handful of finely grated gruyère as it cooks.
- Spoon the avo mix over the top and fold over.
- Leave for 1 minute before serving.
- Gruyère, avocado, spring onion and chive recipe
Garlic mushroom, chilli and spinach omelette recipe
- Heat a large knob of butter in a pan and add 75g sliced chestnut mushrooms.
- Cook until softened and browned, then stir in ½ a crushed garlic clove and some dried chilli flakes.
- Cook for 1 minute, stir in 2 handfuls of baby spinach until wilted, then season.
- Cook the omelette as described above then spoon over the mushroom/spinach mix, fold over and leave for 1 minute before serving.
- Garlic mushroom, chilli and spinach recipe
Hot smoked salmon, lemon crème fraîche and dill omelette recipe
- Cook the omelette as above, scatter over a handful of flaked hot smoked salmon, 1-2 tbsp of crème fraîche mixed with a little lemon zest and a little chopped dill.
- Fold over the top and leave for 1 minute to warm everything through.
- Hot smoked salmon, lemon crème fraîche and dill recipe
Asian spicy prawn omelette recipe
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in a small pan.
- Add 50g chopped raw prawns, ½ chopped red chilli, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger and a handful of edamame beans (defrosted if frozen).
- Cook until the prawns are pink, then add a splash of soy sauce.
- Cook the omelette as described, opposite, whisking 1 tsp sesame oil into the eggs before cooking.
- Spoon the prawn mix on top and fold over. Leave for 1 minute before serving.
More omelette and frittata recipes
Add vibrant peas, salty bacon and sweet red peppers to your frittata for an easy midweek meal.
Liven up your frittata with chorizo and a kick of chilli, then pop under the grill until puffed and golden.
Want a quick omelette recipe for two? Check out our easy spiced omelette recipe with fiery ginger and punchy chilli, served with a crisp tomato and cucumber salad.
Give your basic omelette a lift with this quick and easy idea packed with crunchy spring onions, shredded carrot and fiery ginger.
Need a quick veggie recipe for the week? Try our easy frittata with roasted red peppers, spring onions and punchy pickled jalapeños. This vibrant vegetarian meal makes for great leftovers to brighten up lunchtime at work.
Want an easy weekend lunch recipe for one? Make this quick and simple grilled omelette with garlicky mushrooms and soft melted taleggio, ready in just 20 minutes. Discover our best quick and easy lunch recipes here.
Why not make our smoked trout and gruyère cheese omelette for a speedy midweek meal. This recipe is quick and easy to make and it's low in calories. Check out more of our low calorie meal ideas here.
This crab, chilli and herb omelette is low calorie, gluten-free, high-protein and ready in just 20 minutes - perfect for a midweek meal. Try one of our other crab recipes here.
A well-made tortilla is the best addition to a tapas menu. This easy recipe with just four ingredients is typically Spanish. Serve with a selection of other dishes for a Spanish feast or are as an easy midweek meal. Here are our other Spanish ideas.
Reflecting the food of Tehran's hole-in-the-wall kabab houses, Berenjak restaurant's convivial cooking is ideal to recreate at home. Try this simple omelette as part of a meze feast. Check out our review for London restaurant Berenjak here.
Want a quick and simple midweek meal? This courgette soufflé omelette recipe is super easy, ready in under 30 minutes and just 350 calories, but still tastes delicious.
Jazz up your mushroom omelette with fiery ginger and crunchy spring onions. Make our easy recipe for a speedy midweek meal for one.
Asparagus is generally in season and plentiful in spring and what better way to use them than in this soft-baked frittata with ricotta and parmesan. An ideal dish for breakfast or brunch. More asparagus ideas here.
These mini picnic frittatas are really quick to whip up as a last minute picnic treat. To make them even easier to make. Make a large batch and then enjoy throughout the week for a snack or with a salad for a speedy meal.
This super simple recipe for oven baked frittata with ricotta, spinach and red peppers serves 4 in 35 minutes - perfect for an easy midweek meal.
Spice up your mushroom omelette with some punchy chillies. Our omelette recipe with chilli, cheese and garlic mushrooms is easy, vegetarian and ready in under 30 minutes making it a perfect midweek meal for one.
Ready in under 30 minutes, this smoked trout frittata is quick and easy to make and doesn't require many ingredients. Plenty more fish recipes here.
Use up your fridge leftovers with our best Spanish omelette recipe packed with red onion, red pepper and new potatoes. Serve with a rocket salad on the side.
This filling Italian-style egg recipe with smoked salmon is perfect for quick midweek cooking and any leftovers can be eaten cold for lunch the next day. More easy lunch recipes here.
Tortilla is our go-to easy meal. Eggs are cheap and convenient, we always have some at home, and paired with leafy green kale and feta this is a fast, effortless recipe for two. Serve with salad or bread. Plenty more egg recipes here.
These easy canapés can be made ahead then reheated in a warm oven to serve. Chorizo, tomatoes and eggs are a classic Spanish combination that works so well together. ready in just 20 minutes and makes 12. Check out more of our canapé recipes here.
Kedgeree is a classic dish of curried rice, flaked, smoked fish and hard-boiled eggs. In this version, we've updated the classic by substituting the boiled eggs for an omelette to wrap the Kedgeree in. Try the recipe for a quick brunch recipe ready in 20 minutes. Many more brunch recipes here.
Frittata is an Italian-style omelette. This one, with its peppers, spring onions and new potatoes is a quick and easy meal for two. All it needs is salad on the side. This is good served cold for lunch the next day if there are any leftovers. Check out our best healthy Italian recipes under 500 calories here.
If you’re looking for more quick dinner or lunch ideas for one, check out our best ever recipes for one, here. Plus, we’ve got lots of delicious quick and easy dinner ideas, too. From salmon with pesto to ravioli with buttered lemon greens, there’s plenty to choose from.