Ginger, spring onion and mushroom omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 1
- sesame oil
- groundnut oil
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 spring onions, whites and greens separated
- 85g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ a small bunch coriander
- to serve kejap manis or sriracha sauce
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tsp of each oil in a smallish non-stick frying pan, then add most of the red chilli, all the ginger and the white spring onions. Stir-fry for a minute until the ginger begins to soften, then add the mushrooms and most of the green spring onions. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until the mushrooms are golden.
- STEP 2
Beat the eggs with 1 tsp of sesame seeds and some salt. Lower the heat of the pan and stir in the eggs for a minute, then leave for 4-5 minutes, until almost set. Scatter over the remaining sesame seeds and flash under a hot grill to finish.
- STEP 3
Add the coriander to the middle of the omelette, scatter over the remaining chilli and spring onions, fold over the coriander and flip onto a plate – or eat straight from the pan. Serve with kejap manis and sriracha sauce.