Tuna pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
- 200g fusilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- a good pinch dried chilli flakes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g tin tuna in olive oil, drained
- rosemary, needles chopped to make 1 tsp (optional)
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- STEP 1Cook the fusilli following pack instructions, then drain well.
- STEP 2Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 10 minutes until softened a little. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and half a tin of water, then simmer for 10 minutes. Season.
- STEP 3Stir the tuna into the sauce with the rosemary (if using) and drained pasta, and tip into a 26cm x 18cm baking dish. Scatter over the cheese then bake for 20-25 minutes or until piping hot and bubbling. Serve with a green salad, if you like.