Rigatoni al forno
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 300g rigatoni
- 1 small ball mozzarella, diced
- grated to make 2 tbsp Grana Padano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pork and herb sausages, skins removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- chopped to make 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- STEP 1
To make the sauce, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the sausages until browned, breaking them up with a wooden spoon so you have quite small pieces. Add the garlic, fennel and rosemary and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- STEP 2
Add the tomatoes then simmer for 20 minutes until thickened. Cook the pasta but keep an eye on it, and stop cooking when it is a couple of minutes away from being done – you will be cooking it more in the oven so you want it to still have a bit of bite.
- STEP 3
Mix the pasta with the sauce and tip into a baking dish. Scatter over the mozzarella and Grana Padano and bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and golden.