Looking for vegetarian canapé ideas? We’ve rounded up our best ever vegetarian canapés, with plenty of bite-sized options that are sure to be a hit among vegetarian and vegan friends. Choose from our vegetarian and vegan canapés below, or for Christmas canapé ideas click here.
Check out our recipes including gooey mozzarella sticks, easy dips with homemade breadsticks and vegan sausage rolls.
Best vegetarian canapé ideas
Use up all your veggie peelings, as well as any loose left-over veg, and use them to make these epic crisps with an easy curry spice, perfect nibbles for a hungry crowd.
Everyone loves a sausage roll at a party, and vegans don’t need to miss out with our mushroom version. Packed with mushrooms, miso and thyme, they make for an umami party snack.
Get inventive with your party food and try this easy all-in-one egg salad and crisps canapé, great for vegetarian guests.
Tajín is a classic Mexican seasoning made from lime, chilli and salt. It works so well on these cauli bites with the cooling soured cream making them perfect for a moreish veggie nibble.
Kick off a festive party with these easy vegetarian canapés perfect for fuss-free hosting.
Rarely do you see carrots fried, so here Sabrina Ghayour has combined them with halloumi to make these crispy little balls – perfect with drinks.
IPAs are hoppy beers with fruity, floral notes. They work well with strong flavours such as chilli, and their high carbonation gives a lightness to this batter. Feed a hungry crowd with our beer batter pakoras for a vegan canapé.
Check out our crispy spring onion bhajis with a fresh and vibrant mint and coriander chutney. Make these vegetarian bhajis for an impressive way to start the festive season.
An indulgent vegetarian canapé! Everyone loves indulgent, gooey mozzarella sticks, and this recipe with a punchy dipping sauce is sure to be a hit with vegetarians and meat eaters alike. They can also be made ahead and cooked from frozen, a great time saver for your next party.
Check out our vegetarian recipe for crunchy filo-baked fresh figs stuffed with peppered goat’s cheese. This recipe makes a great little nibble for Christmas parties that’s really easy to make.
Tuck into these halloumi fries for a vegetarian cheese snack at your next party. They’re topped with pomegranate seeds and mint for a pop of colour too.
These savoury cheese balls are a super easy snack to whip up when you have friends and family coming over. Crunchy on the outside and creamy in the middle, finished with a hint of zesty orange blossom honey.
Check out these spicy veggie fritters with punchy harissa yogurt. These fritters pack plenty of flavour and make for a great snacking recipe and easy vegetarian canapé.
Miso baby aubergines
- Cut 500g baby aubergines in ½ lengthways, lightly score and brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-hot and cook, cut-side down, for 4-5 minutes or until really caramelised and soft. Flip and cook for a minute.
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together 75g white miso, 2 tbsp caster sugar, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp grated ginger and 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- Put the aubergine halves cut-side up on a baking tray, spoon over all of the miso sauce and grill for 5 minutes until charred and the aubergines are really soft. Makes 20.
Pickled watermelon with feta
- Cut 1 small watermelon into 2cm cubes.
- Mix 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a pinch of salt. Add the melon and toss. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut a pack of feta into 2cm cubes. Stick the cubes of watermelon and feta onto cocktail sticks with a leaf of coriander.
- Sprinkle with sumac to serve. Makes 20.
Beetroot ‘caviar’ blinis
- Finely dice 2 cooked beetroots and put in a bowl with 1 finely chopped shallot and 1 tsp sherry vinegar.
- Mix 4 tbsp crème fraîche and 4 tbsp soft cheese, and stir in 1 tbsp chopped dill and some seasoning.
- Top 16 blinis with 1 tsp of the cream mix then spoon over the beetroot and finish with more dill. Makes 16.
Need an easy finger food recipe for your next drinks party? Try these vegetarian puffs, with jammy figs and creamy goat’s cheese. The recipe uses ready made puff pastry and can be made in just half an hour.
Check out these veggie potato pies with goat’s cheese. These crispy pies are super easy vegetarian canapés and can serve 12 people.
A classic Welsh rarebit topped with an egg is called a buck rarebit and these bite sized versions are a filling way to feed a crowd at parties.
Potato cakes are a traditional Indian snack and a great idea for vegetarian Christmas canapés that packs a punch. These are made with warming spices and sweet potato to make them lighter.
A great dip is always a winner at parties, and these green goddess and red devil dips offer something a little bit different. Try making the veggie dips for a lighter party snack.
For more substantial party food jazz up whole baked camemberts with simple but luxurious vegetarian toppings, like wild mushrooms, maple pecans, cranberry with port and thyme or pine nuts, rosemary and garlic. These are easy vegetarian canapés that’ll feed a crowd.
Chef Dhruv Mittal of DUM Biryani house in London created this great vegetarian recipe. It takes a little bit of time but it’s easy to make and the chutney is packed with delicious warming spices, great for Christmas parties.
These deep-fried cheesy parcels are a bite sized way to serve this indulgent cheese as a vegetarian Christmas canapé.