- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- for deep frying vegetable oil
- to serve chives, snipped
- 300g waxy potatoes
- 200g celeriac, coarsely grated
- 2 (about 250g) parsnips, coarsely grated
- 1 large (about 250g) beetroot, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, toasted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp plain flour
HARISSA AND LIME YOGURT
- 100g greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp rose harissa
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- STEP 1
Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes in salted boiling water, then cool and grate coarsely.
- STEP 2
Combine all the fritter ingredients in a large bowl and season well. In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the yogurt with 2-3 tbsp of cold water to slacken it to a double cream consistency.
- STEP 3
Fill a large frying pan with vegetable oil to a depth of 2cm, and heat until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- STEP 4
Divide the fritter mixture into 16 roughly equal fritters and fry in batches, flattening them a little with a spatula as you do so. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until crisp, golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven while you fry the rest.
- STEP 5
Serve with the harissa and lime yogurt, and a sprinkling of chives.