- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- serves 6
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, very finely sliced
- 2 skinned and boned fillets mackerel
- sustainably caught scallops, 6 cleaned
- sustainably caught monkfish fillet, any membrane completely removed
- 1 each red and green chilli, finely diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- a few sprigs dill
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- STEP 1
Warm 100ml olive oil with the garlic, strain and cool. Cut the mackerel into strips, the monkfish into slices and the scallops through the middle. Put in a ceramic or glass dish.
- STEP 2
Pour the cooled oil over the fish. Add the chopped chilli and citrus juices, season then leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- STEP 3
When ready to serve, remove the fish from the marinade, arrange on a platter or plates and scatter over the spring onions, dill and fennel seeds.