Shrimp and saffron butter orecchiette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- saffron, a good pinch of strands
- 75g salted butter
- 1 red chill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 150g orecchiette
- 70g pack brown shrimp
- finely chopped to make 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- lemon wedges, to serve
- warm crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the saffron in a small bowl and add a splash of just-boiled water
- STEP 2
Melt the butter in a pan then add the chilli and garlic, and cook gently for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in the saffron and the soaking water. Take off the heat and leave to sit while you prepare the pasta.
- STEP 3
Cook the pasta following pack instructions then drain well.
- STEP 4
Gently reheat the butter, adding the shrimp to just warm through. Toss through the pasta then serve with a sprinkle of parsley, lemon wedges to squeeze over and warm crusty bread.