Pear, chicory and blue cheese salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 red chicory, leaves separated and any large ones halved
- a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and torn
- 50g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- or any other blue cheese 100g dolcelatte, torn into pieces
- STEP 1Put the red onion in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough just-boiled water to cover. Leave for 5 minutes, then drain well. Return to the bowl with a good pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- STEP 2In another bowl, whisk the mustard, oil, remaining vinegar and a little seasoning together.
- STEP 3Add the pears, chicory and three-quarters of the parsley leaves, and toss gently until everything is coated in the dressing. Divide between four plates and top with some of the walnuts, the pickled onions, cheese and the remaining parsley leaves.