Salmon poke bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 120g sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- a pinch caster sugar
- a handful sugar snap peas, sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons or shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, diced into 3cm pieces
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- STEP 1
Cook the sushi rice following pack instructions, tip onto a plate, spoon over the rice vinegar and sprinkle over the sugar and a little salt. Mix then leave to cool completely.
- STEP 2
Divide the rice between two bowls and top with little piles of sugar snap peas, red pepper, carrots and spring onions.
- STEP 3
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- STEP 4
Heat a non-stick frying pan to hot and cook the salmon cubes for 1 minute on each side, turning so they get browned all over but still remain slightly undercooked. Gently spoon into the dressing bowl and toss.
- STEP 5
Spoon the salmon onto the bowls along with any dressing, then top with the sesame seeds.