Korean chilli-cheese fries
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 600g frozen oven french fries
- 50g parmesan (or veggie alternative), finely grated
- 50g mature cheddar, finely grated
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 125g mayonnaise
- 85g gochujang
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 large spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- ½ a small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (optional) Korean red pepper flakes
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Spread out the fries on a large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, then toss the fries with a fish slice or spatula, sprinkle over the grated cheeses and garlic salt, and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, gochujang and vinegar.
- STEP 3
Use a spoon to drizzle the gochujang mayo all over the hot fries, alternating with sprinkles of spring onions, coriander, sesame seeds and pepper flakes, if using. Finish with a final drizzle of the spicy mayo.