- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- + cooling
- Cuts into 12
- 100g unsalted butter, plus extra for the tin
- 100g golden syrup
- 250g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g mixed seeds
- 75g medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter a 20cm square baking tin and line with baking paper. Melt together the butter, golden syrup and 200g of the peanut butter in a small pan until smooth and evenly combined. Tip into a large bowl with the oats, seeds and dates. Mix well. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top using a rubber spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top.
- STEP 2Whisk the remaining 50g of peanut butter with 2-3 tbsp of hot water from the tap until it is a drizzling consistency. Leave the flapjacks to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then drizzle with the peanut butter and cut into 12 rectangles using a cutlery knife. Leave to cool completely, then serve.