Check out our crispy spring onion bhajis with a fresh and vibrant mint and coriander chutney. Make these vegetarian bhajis for an impressive way to start your dinner party.
An indulgent vegetarian canapé! Everyone loves indulgent, gooey mozzarella sticks, and this recipe with a punchy dipping sauce is sure to be a hit with vegetarians and meat eaters alike. They can also be made ahead and cooked from frozen, a great time saver for your next party.
Check out our vegetarian recipe for crunchy filo-baked fresh figs stuffed with peppered goat’s cheese. This recipe makes an awesome little nibble for sociable gatherings that’s really easy to make.
Tuck into these Halloumi fries for a vegetarian cheese sensation at your next party. They're topped with pomegranate seeds and mint for a pop of colour too.
These savoury cheese balls are a super easy snack to whip up when you have friends and family coming over. Crunchy on the outside and creamy in the middle, finished with a hint of zesty orange blossom honey.
Check out these spicy veggie fritters with punchy harissa yogurt. These fritters pack plenty of flavour and make for a great snacking recipe.
Miso baby aubergines
- Cut 500g baby aubergines in ½ lengthways, lightly score and brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-hot and cook, cut-side down, for 4-5 minutes or until really caramelised and soft. Flip and cook for a minute.
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together 75g white miso, 2 tbsp caster sugar, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp grated ginger and 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- Put the aubergine halves cut-side up on a baking tray, spoon over all of the miso sauce and grill for 5 minutes until charred and the aubergines are really soft. Makes 20.
Pickled watermelon with feta
- Cut 1 small watermelon into 2cm cubes.
- Mix 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a pinch of salt. Add the melon and toss. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut a pack of feta into 2cm cubes. Stick the cubes of watermelon and feta onto cocktail sticks with a leaf of coriander.
- Sprinkle with sumac to serve. Makes 20.
Beetroot ‘caviar’ blinis
- Finely dice 2 cooked beetroots and put in a bowl with 1 finely chopped shallot and 1 tsp sherry vinegar.
- Mix 4 tbsp crème fraîche and 4 tbsp soft cheese, and stir in 1 tbsp chopped dill and some seasoning.
- Top 16 blinis with 1 tsp of the cream mix then spoon over the beetroot and finish with more dill. Makes 16.
For super easy vegetarian finger food at your drinks party, try these delicious vegetarian puffs, with jammy figs and creamy goat's cheese. The recipe uses ready made puff pastry and can be made in just half an hour.
Check out these veggie potato pies with goat's cheese. These crispy pies are super easy party food for when you have visitors.
A classic Welsh rarebit topped with an egg is called a buck rarebit - and these bite sized versions are a delicious and filling way to feed a crowd at parties.
These elegant vegetarian canapés are inspired by Mediterranean flavours, and can be made in just 20 minutes. If you can't find peppadews you can use a strip of roasted pepper instead to wrap the tapenade and mozzarella.
Potato cakes are a traditional Indian snack and a great idea for vegetarian party food that packs a punch. These are made with warming spices and sweet potato to make them lighter, and are suitable for vegans and vegetarians too.
A great dip is always a winner at parties, and these green goddess and red devil dips offer something a little bit different. Both are delicious vegetarian options, accompanied by homemade crunchy breadsticks and freshly chopped veg.
Our simple sushi recipe uses sweet potatoes, cucumber and peppers for a crowd pleasing vegan canapé. Serve the maki sliced on boards with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce to dip.
Each of these bite sized tortillas is packed with spinach, egg, onion and potato for a fab vegetarian canapé option. Cut into triangles and top with micro herbs for stylish party presentation.
For more substantial party food jazz up whole baked camemberts with simple but luxurious vegetarian toppings, like wild mushrooms, maple pecans, cranberry with port and thyme or pine nuts, rosemary and garlic.
Chef Dhruv Mittal of DUM Biryani house in London created this delicious vegetarian recipe. It takes a little bit of time but it's super easy to make and the chutney is packed with delicious warming spices, great for winter parties.
These flavour-packed vegetarian sliders are made from chickpeas, beetroot and halloumi and are great for more substantial vegetarian canapés. Skewer with a cocktail stick to hold together and for a decorative touch!
You can use almost any vegetable you like (or Indian paneer cheese) for this vegetarian finger food recipe, but we love this version using cauliflower. The pomegranate raita adds a splash of colour and crunch too.
These delicious deep fried cheesy parcels are a delicious bite sized way to serve this indulgent cheese as a canapé, and suitable for vegetarians too.
For a fresh and light vegetarian canapé option, these South East Asian rice paper rolls tick all the boxes. Fill them with fresh herbs and vegetables and serve with a quick and easy peanut dipping sauce.