This Jamaican rum punch recipe comes from Original Flava: Caribbean Recipes From Home by Craig and Shaun McAnuff (£20, Bloomsbury). The brothers were taught to cook traditional Caribbean recipes by their beloved nan, who grew up in Jamaica. Find out more about Jamaican food in Craig and Shaun’s guide to the country’s cuisine, then check out our Caribbean recipes.
Want to make your own grenadine? Mix up this syrup in just 15 minutes using pomegranate juice, sugar and orange blossom water.
- white rum 250ml
- dark or coconut rum 150ml
- strawberry-flavoured syrup or grenadine 200ml
- pineapple juice 250ml
- orange juice 250ml
- limes 4, juiced (about 100ml)
- nutmeg a pinch, freshly grated
- Angostura bitters a dash, (optional)
- orange, lemon and lime slices to serve