Vegetarian mushroom chilli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 500g mushrooms, cut into pieces (a mix of portobello, chestnut and button
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp half-fat soured cream
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- cooked basmati and wild rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a pan and add the spices.
- STEP 2
Fry for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3
Add the sliced garlic and fry for another minute.
- STEP 4
Tip in the chopped tomatoes, half a tin of water and the kidney beans. Season and bring to a boil.
- STEP 5
Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
- STEP 6
In a small bowl, mix the soured cream, lime zest and juice with 1 tbsp of water.
- STEP 7
Serve the chilli with basmati and wild rice, and a drizzle of the soured cream.