Beef and broccoli fajitas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 200g long-stemmed broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sirloin steak, fat trimmed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and cut into strips
- a large handful coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, wedged
- 4 corn or wheat tortillas, warmed
- to serve hot sauce, (optional)
- STEP 1Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water, then drain well.
- STEP 2Drizzle the steak with the vegetable oil, season really well and sprinkle over the fajita seasoning, patting to coat. Heat a non-stick pan over a high heat and cook the steak for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate to rest for 5 minutes under foil.
- STEP 3Add the blanched broccoli and the peppers to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli is starting to char. Slice the steak and add to the pan with any resting juices, and the coriander.
- STEP 4Skin and de-stone the avocado, tip into a bowl with the juice of 1⁄2 the lime wedges and a pinch of salt, and roughly mash with a fork.
- STEP 5Serve the steak in the pan with the tortillas, avocado and hot sauce alongside, and remaining lime wedges to squeeze over, so people can roll their own fajitas.