Spatchcock chicken traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced
- 1.2kg whole chicken, spatchcocked
- 2 tsp harissa
- 50g chorizo, sliced
- 2 oranges, wedged
- a handful of kalamata olives
- 160g baby spinach
- 2 x 250g pouches brown basmati rice
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the fennel slices in the bottom of a large roasting tin and nestle the chicken on top. Spread the harissa all over the chicken and season. Roast for 20 minutes, then scatter around the chorizo slices, orange wedges and olives, and roast for another 30 minutes.
- STEP 2Remove from the oven, scatter around the spinach, cover the whole tray and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Heat the rice in the microwave, tip into the tray and mix well. Scatter with the parsley and flaked almonds to serve.