Warm black rice, edamame and prawn salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 100g black rice
- 75g frozen edamame (soya beans)
- 75g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- 200g cooked peeled prawns, halved lengthways
- a small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- a walnut-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain really well. Tip into a bowl, add the dressing ingredients, season and toss.
- STEP 2
Blanch the edamame and peas for a minute in boiling water, then drain.
- STEP 3
Add the edamame, peas, spring onions, cucumber and prawns to the rice. Toss, then add the coriander and toss again before serving.