Check out these quick and easy porridge recipes for easy porridge toppings. We've come up with four simple ideas to top your porridge for a healthy breakfast recipe.
If you're looking for more easy breakfast ideas check out our best ever on-the-go breakfast recipes here. Plus, we've got lots of delicious low calorie breakfast and brunch ideas too. From blueberry muffins to bircher muesli, there's plenty to choose from.
Can't drink dairy milk? There's a whole host of other milks to choose from. Read our guide to some of the best milk alternatives here...
Quick and easy porridge toppers
Tahini, date and toasted almond
- Pit and chop 3 medjool dates.
- Toast 1 tbsp flaked almonds in a dry, non-stick frying pan until golden.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp tahini over hot porridge then add the dates and almonds.
Spiced sultana and apple
- Put 2-3 tbsp golden sultanas or flame raisins in a bowl and pour over just-boiled water to cover.
- Dice an eating apple and toss with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the apple mix. Spoon over hot porridge.
Vanilla yogurt and maple blueberries
- Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften.
- Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.
- Top with the blueberries and syrup.
Boost your fruit intake by adding frozen berries to a bowl of cinnamon-spiced porridge for breakfast. A handful of whole almonds adds a great texture, too.
Put a savoury spin on your breakfast with our savoury porridge pepped up with ginger and chilli oil. This easy dish also makes a great midweek meal for two.
Add a little indulgent to your breakfast routine with our chocolate, coconut and raspberry quinoa porridge. Coconut sugar and cocoa powder gives a gentle sweetness.
Why not check out our best ever breakfast and brunch recipes here, too...
Listen to our podcast to learn how to make award-winning porridge