- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- + resting
- Serves 6
- 340g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g red lentils, rinsed
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 120g salad leaves
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the vegetables and garlic in a large bowl and drizzle over the oil. Season well and toss until coated. Tip onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 25 minutes or until just tender. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, put the lentils in a medium pan and cover with 500ml of water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, then cook for 10-12 minutes or until the lentils are tender, then drain well and set aside to cool.
- STEP 3Line a 16cm x 26cm baking dish with baking paper. Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Squeeze the roasted garlic onto a chopping board, discarding the skins, and mash with a fork. Add to the eggs along with the lentils and harissa. Season and whisk together. Fold through the roasted veg, then tip the mixture into the prepared baking dish and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are firm and the centre is just cooked.
- STEP 4Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then slice into six and serve with salad leaves on the side. Alternatively, once sliced, transfer to containers and chill until ready to serve. Will keep chilled for three days.