Sunblush tomato and olive vegan paella
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 courgette, halved and cut into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato purée
- 300g bomba paella rice
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 100g chargrilled artichokes, large pieced halved
- 75g mixed pitted olives
- 75g SunBlush tomatoes
- a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, wedged
- Tabasco, to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a shallow 30cm casserole over a medium-high heat and cook the onions, peppers and courgette with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes or until starting to caramelise and soften. Add the garlic and cook for a minute before stirring in the tomato purée and rice, stirring until all the grains are coated.
- STEP 2Pour in the stock, artichoke pieces, olives and Sunblush tomatoes, season and mix well. Put into the oven for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked and crisping on top.
- STEP 3Scatter over the parsley and serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco, if you like.