Chef Vivek Singh says: “Khichdi was made every Saturday for lunch, and was even more of a fixture if it happened to be a rainy or even overcast day.” This recipe was designed with the Living Below The Line challenge in mind (see below for more details).
- split yellow mung beans 100g
- water 500ml
- ground turmeric a pinch
- oil 2 1/2 tbsp
- cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- garlic 3 cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- onion 1/2 large, chopped
- frozen peas 2 tbsp
- ginger 1⁄2 inch piece finely chopped
- green chillies 2, finely chopped
- boiled rice 75g
- chopped tomatoes 2 tbsp of tinned
- lemon 1/2, juiced
Also check out these vibrant vegetarian curry recipes..