No-churn Vietnamese coffee ice cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- + Infusing + freezing
- Makes 1 litre
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 6 cardamom pods, bashed to split
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in 1/2
- 600ml double cream
- 1/2 x 397g can condensed milk
- STEP 1Mix the instant coffee, cardamom pods and cinnamon with 50ml of just-boiled water in a small bowl, cover and leave to infuse for 2 hours.
- STEP 2Pour the double cream and condensed milk into a large bowl and strain in the infused coffee mixture, discarding the spices.
- STEP 3Use an electric whisk to beat everything together until the mixture is thick and the consistency of clotted cream. Scrape into a container then freeze overnight until solid.
- STEP 4Scoop the ice cream into small bowls to serve.