How to make iced coffee
- First of all, make an extra-strong brew to offset the dilution once you add ice. Alternatively, try making coffee the night before (or use left-over coffee) and freezing it in ice cube moulds to add when you brew.
- When sweetening iced coffee, cold water makes it hard for the sugar to dissolve so try making a sugar syrup to add to the drink. Or, for extra indulgence, add a dollop of condensed milk or even a scoop of ice cream.
- We also love mixing espresso with tonic water for something spritzy and light.
- For different flavours, trying using plant milks such as coconut and almond – hazelnut is especially delicious – or add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon.
Iced coffee recipe
- espresso coffee 1 capsule
- brown sugar 1 tsp (or to taste)
- milk a large splash
- ice half a glass