- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Marmite
- 30g, finely grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative, plus extra to serve
- 175g spaghetti or linguine
- 1 fat clove garlic, squashed a bit with the side of a knife
- extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful curly parsley, finely chopped to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil while you mash together the egg yolks, Marmite and grated parmesan with some freshly ground pepper. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until just tender.
- STEP 2
Put the garlic and 2 tbsp olive oil in a cold frying pan, then bring to a medium heat and fry until the garlic is golden and crispy, then fish it out and discard.
- STEP 3
Reserve a small cup of the pasta water then drain. Take the frying pan off the heat and tip in the pasta, followed by the Marmite mixture and a good splash of cooking water. Toss together until the pasta is glossy and evenly coated. Serve with plenty more grated parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley.