Full English croissants
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 16 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 croissants, cut in half horizontally
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 400g tin baked beans
- a few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- a few dashes hot sauce, plus extra to serve
- 4 (we used Burford Browns) eggs
- for frying vegetable oil
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to high and cook the bacon, turning once, until really crisp. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- STEP 2
Put the croissants onto a baking tray and divide the bacon, cheese and beans between the croissants bases, splashing some Worcestershire and hot sauce over each. Put on the tops and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the croissants are crisp, cheese melted and beans bubbling.
- STEP 3
Fry the eggs in a little oil to your liking then drain on kitchen paper. Carefully remove the tops of the croissants, put on the eggs, replace the tops and serve.