Prawn laksa (spicy noodle soup)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 50g medium rice noodles, we like Blue Dragon
- 2-3 tbsp laksa paste
- 400ml tin half-fat coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150g cooked large prawns, from a sustainable source
- a handful beansprouts
- ¼ cucumber, seeds removed and cut into strips
- a small bunch coriander
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a bowl, pour over boiling water and leave to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- STEP 2
Heat a pan, add the laksa paste and a splash of coconut milk. Fry for 3-4 minutes, add the coconut milk and stock, stir, and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the prawns and heat through. Stir in the beansprouts. Put the noodles in two bowls, ladle soup over, and top with cucumber and coriander.