Linguine with prawn butter sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 200g linguine
- 50g salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- dried chilli flakes, a pinch
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 200g raw peeled prawns, deveined and butterflied
- a small bunch chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- STEP 1
Cook the linguine in boiling salted water.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic and shallot gently until the shallot is softened.
- STEP 3
Stir in the chilli and plum tomatoes, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the prawns and cook until pink.
- STEP 4
Stir in the parsley and lemon juice.
- STEP 5
Drain the pasta and tip into the prawn pan along with a splash of cooking water and lots of seasoning.
- STEP 6
Toss and serve in bowls.