Clam linguine with turmeric and coriander
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 400g linguine or spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 fingers (about 6-7cm each) fresh turmeric, washed and very finely grated
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1kg clams, cleaned
- 250ml white wine
- 100g salted butter, diced
- 200g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- a small bunch coriander, roughly chopped, including stalks
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until just al dente. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in another large pan and stir in the garlic, turmeric and chilli flakes, letting them sizzle gently for 1-2 minutes. Add the clams, stirring quickly to coat. Season generously then add the wine and stir again. Cover with a lid and leave for a couple of minutes to cook.
- STEP 3
Take off the lid, stir again and tip in the pasta, the butter, tomatoes and a couple of spoonfuls of the pasta cooking water. Stir and allow the liquid to reduce slightly and coat the pasta. Taste and season again, if needed, then toss through the coriander and serve immediately.