Hot smoked trout and chive tortilla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- a small bunch chives, chopped
- 125g pack hot smoked trout or salmon, any skin removed and flaked
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 head Little Gem, separated into leaves
- STEP 1Drop the potato slices into boiling salted water then cook for 5-7 minutes until tender. Drain really well.
- STEP 2Heat a large knob of butter in a small non-stick frying pan. Whisk the eggs with some seasoning then mix in the cooked potatoes, half the chives and the trout or salmon. Pour into the pan and leave to sit for a minute. Cook, drawing in the sides to let the uncooked egg get to the edges. When the base is almost set, slide under a grill at a medium heat for a few minutes to finish cooking the top. Cut into wedges.
- STEP 3Whisk the mayo with the vinegar, 2tsp water, the remaining chives and season. Toss with the little gem and serve with the tortilla.