Jazz up your toasted crumpets with one of our easy crumpet toppings including breakfast crumpets and Welsh rarebit crumpets.
Easy crumpet toppings
Soft cheese, honey and harissa crumpets
- Mix 4 tbsp soft cheese with a little lemon zest and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Spread over 4 toasted crumpets then smear with a little rose harissa and finish with a drizzle of runny honey.
Spiced shrimp crumpets
- Melt 30g butter in a pan and add a halved clove of garlic.
- Cook gently for 2 minutes then add a 70g pack of brown shrimp, a grating of nutmeg and a good pinch of cayenne.
- Stir until heated through, then discard the garlic, spoon the shrimp and butter over 4 toasted crumpets and finish with a sprinkling of chives and a little more cayenne.
Easy rarebit crumpets
- Mix 50g grated cheddar, 2 finely chopped spring onions, ½ tsp dijon mustard, a dash of Worcestershire
sauce and 1 egg yolk until well combined.
- Spread over 4 toasted crumpets then grill until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with another dash of Worcestershire sauce.
Eggy brunch crumpets
- Beat 2 eggs with lots of seasoning, then soak 4 crumpets for a few minutes.
- Fry in a little butter for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Mash a small avocado with 1 tbsp of chopped coriander, a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Spoon over the crumpets and add a couple of rashers of bacon and a dash of chilli sauce.