Goat’s cheese and beetroot citrus salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
- 6 medium (mixed colours if possible) beetroots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 250g pouch ready-cooked red quinoa
- for drizzling olive oil
- 2 Little Gems, shredded
- 100g brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- a small bunch dill, leaves picked
- 200g goat’s cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ grapefruit, juiced
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- STEP 1
Put the beetroots, oranges and grapefruit segments into a large bowl, add the cider vinegar, sugar and some seasoning, and mix well.
- STEP 2
Break up the quinoa in another bowl, drizzle with a little oil and season. Add the Little Gems and brussels sprouts. Mix together all of the dressing ingredients and some seasoning in a small jug.
- STEP 3
Heat a small, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and toast the nuts and seeds for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce, honey and a dash of oil, and bubble for a few more minutes until sticky. Put aside.
- STEP 4
To assemble, mix the pickled beets and fruits into the greens. Toss through the dressing and most of the dill. Tip onto a platter and top with the sticky nuts, goat’s cheese and remaining dill.