Lighter chicken filo pies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped, including green bits
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 (about 500g) skinless chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- a handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- a handful dill, chopped
- a handful chives, chopped
- 4 sheets filo pastry, halved
- STEP 1
Cook the spring onions with a knob of butter until softened.
- STEP 2
Add the mushrooms and cook until browned a little and their liquid has been reabsorbed.
- STEP 3
Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, then sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring, for a couple more minutes.
- STEP 4
Stir in the stock gradually and simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche, mustard and herbs.
- STEP 5
Season, tip into 4 individual pie dishes and cool a little.
- STEP 6
Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Brush the filo with melted butter then scrunch up on top of the pies. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the filo is crisp and golden.