Gochujang cabbage, coriander and apple salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4 as a side
- 350g chunk red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Braeburn apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 200g turnip, cut into matchsticks
- a large bunch coriander
- a small bunch mint
- 75g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- finely grated to make 1 tsp ginger
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- STEP 1
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl then taste and add seasoning if needed.
- STEP 2
Toss together the red cabbage, onion, apples and turnip in a big bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss again to coat thoroughly.
- STEP 3
When you’re ready to serve, roughly tear the coriander and mint leaves from their stalks and add to the salad with the peanuts. Toss everything together once more and pile onto plates. It’s delicious with rice noodles or crispy chicken.