- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, 1 halved and 2 crushed
- olive oil
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- a small bunch basil, chopped
- 8 thin slices sourdough bread
- STEP 1
Cook the onion and crushed garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes. Add the aubergines and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the courgettes and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir through the basil.
- STEP 2
Toast the sourdough, rub with the garlic halves and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Serve with the ratatouille.