Chocolate and salted caramel ice cream bombe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- + freezing
- Serves 8
- 1 (around 600g) chocolate swiss roll cake, cut into 1 cm slices
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 500ml tub chocolate ice cream
- 500ml tub salted caramel ice cream
- 200g Maltesers, chopped
- 100ml salted caramel sauce
- STEP 1
Line a 1-litre Pyrex bowl or similar with clingfilm. Line with the slices of cake so that they fit snugly and there are no gaps (you can use extra cake to plug the gaps if needed).
- STEP 2
Melt the dark chocolate in short bursts in the microwave then drizzle all over the cake. Put into the freezer for 10 minutes, so the chocolate sets.
- STEP 3
Spoon scoops of chocolate and salted caramel ice cream into the bowl, alternately, adding Maltesers and drizzling with salted caramel sauce after each scoop, until all are used up. Smooth the top and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- STEP 4
Remove the bombe 30 minutes before serving, then turn out onto a plate and cut into wedges, with more caramel sauce, if you like.