Cucumber and lime cordial
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- + cooling
- Makes 300ml
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- STEP 1Put the sugar and 200ml water in a pan, and gently bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.
- STEP 2Blitz the cucumber in a food processor until smooth, then strain the purée through a sieve into a bowl, pressing gently with a spatula to extract as much juice as possible.
- STEP 3Stir in ½ of the sugar syrup, then taste and add a little more if you prefer it sweeter (any left-over syrup will keep in the fridge for a month).
- STEP 4Strain the mixture again, then stir in the lime juice. Will keep in the fridge for two weeks. To serve, dilute with chilled sparkling or tonic water, or drizzle into a G&T.