Cacao, banana, date and cashew bars
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes 12
- 35g raw cacao powder
- 180g (about 10 dates) dates, chopped and pitted
- 60ml nut or coconut oil
- 240g cashews
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g (about 3 bananas) bananas, mashed
- coconut flakes, for sprinkling
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- STEP 2
Put the cacao, dates, oil, cashews, vanilla and banana in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, spread evenly and sprinkle with coconut. Bake for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the tin before slicing into bars. Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.