Norwegian Fjord trout and sweet onion escabache
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- olive oil
- 4 Norwegian Fjord trout, skinless fillets
- leaf salad or potatoes, to serve
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- STEP 1
Put all the marinade ingredients in a pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for a minute then take off the heat.
- STEP 2
Heat a frying pan with a little oil. Fry the trout presentation-side down for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook for another minute.
- STEP 3
Put on a serving dish and pour over the marinade. Leave to cool to room temperature then serve with salad or potatoes.