- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- a thumb-sized piece ginger, shredded
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp flavourless oil
- 300g egg noodles
- 1 pak choi, quartered lengthways
- 2 handfuls kale
- a small bunch coriander, chopped
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- STEP 1
Put the chicken stock into a large pan with ¾ of the ginger and red chilli, all of the garlic and the soy sauce, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between two pieces of clingfilm and gently tap with a rolling pin until an even 1cm thickness. Season well and drizzle with a little oil. Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and charred. Rest for 5 minutes on a plate under foil, then slice.
- STEP 3
Add the noodles and pak choi to the broth, and simmer for 2 minutes, then add the kale and simmer for a further minute.
- STEP 4
Use tongs to divide the noodles and veg between 3 wide bowls. Ladle over the broth, divide the chicken and put on top with the remaining ginger and chilli, and sprinkle over the coriander, red onion and lime juice.