Roasted red pepper and chicory with caper berries and salami
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 3 romano peppers, seeded and quartered lengthways
- olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 2 red chicory, leaves separated
- 8 slices salami
- 15 caper berries
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- finely chopped to make 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the peppers in a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, scatter with the thyme and rosemary, season and roast for 30 minutes.
- STEP 2
To make the dressing, stir the agave nectar, sherry vinegar and parsley into the roasting juices from the peppers.
- STEP 3
Add the chicory to the roasted pepper and gently mix. Transfer to plates, scatter with salami and caper berries, and drizzle with dressing.