Chargrilled steak with Tabasco butter and avocado salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 50g butter, softened
- Tabasco jalapeño sauce
- 1 small spring onion, very finely chopped
- 2 sirloin steak
- ground cumin
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 10 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ lime, juiced
- chopped to make 2 tbsp coriander
- STEP 1
Mash the butter with some Tabasco and the spring onion. Form it into a sausage by rolling it in clingfilm and freeze.
- STEP 2
Rub the steak all over with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper and a good pinch of cumin.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle to high and chargrill the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Hold down on the fat side to crisp it up.
- STEP 4
Toss the avocado, tomatoes, onion, lime and coriander with seasoning and a pinch of cumin. Serve with the steak and add a slice of jalapeño butter to each.