Scallops with Vietnamese herb sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2 as a starter
- 4 large scallops, cleaned (keep the shells)
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- a small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- a small bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1/2 a thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- STEP 1
Heat a barbecue or grill to medium-high. Put each scallop into the rounded half of a clean shell, sprinkle with chilli, season and drizzle with a little oil.
- STEP 2
Put on to the barbecue or under the grill for 5-10 minutes until lightly charred.
- STEP 3
Put all of the herb sauce ingredients into a food processor along with 1-2 tbsp of water and whizz.
- STEP 4
Using a pair of tongs, carefully lift the scallop shells off the barbecue or from under the grill and spoon over the herb sauce.
- STEP 5