Mini salmon, pea and mint tartines
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 10
- 4 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- 200g frozen peas, but not cooked
- 75g half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g pack smoked salmon, snipped into strips
- 1 punnet salad cress
- STEP 1
Slice each toasted slice of rye bread into 4 fingers, then cut in half to make 32 in total. Arrange over boards or platters for serving.
- STEP 2
Drain the peas well, then tip into a bowl with the crème fraîche, mint sauce, lemon juice and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Use a potato masher or fork to mash everything together to a rough crush (or pulse in a food processor for speed).
- STEP 3
To serve, spread a little of the crushed pea over each rye finger, top with a ruffle of salmon and snip over the cress.