Bratwurst in a bun
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
- 6 bratwurst or long butcher’s sausages
- 6 crusty rolls or small baguettes
- mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut and caramelised onions, to serve
- 100g tomato ketchup
- ground cloves, a pinch
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp mild or medium curry powder
- STEP 1
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small pan and bring to a gentle simmer, then set aside to cool.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to medium. Cook the sausages on a baking tray for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through.
- STEP 3
Warm the rolls in a warm oven for a few minutes, then split them open. Put a sausage in each, drizzle over the sauce and serve with the condiments on the side for people to help themselves.