Try our hot cross buns recipes, then check out our best Easter cakes and our best-ever Easter recipe ideas. Looking for the best Easter gifts for friends and family this year? We've picked out the best Easter gifts.
Want to make your own buns? Follow out our easy recipe for hot cross buns or check out our vegan hot cross buns for a dairy and egg-free version. Use up any leftovers in this indulgent hot cross bun bread and butter pudding.
Looking for the best hot cross buns? Check out our favourite supermarket hot cross buns to buy.
Cheddar and mango chutney melt
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then add slices of mature cheddar to the base and grill until melted.
- Spread the top with mango chutney, then sandwich and serve.
Nutella s'mores hot cross bun
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then cover the base with 3-4 marshmallows.
- Slide under a grill until golden and melted.
- Spread the top bun thickly with Nutella, then sandwich and serve.
Strawberries and cream hot cross bun
- Slice a handful of strawberries then toss with 1 tsp icing sugar and leave to macerate.
- Mix 2 tbsp of soft cheese with 1 tsp icing sugar and a drop of vanilla extract.
- Spread the cheese onto a toasted hot cross bun, then top with the strawberries.
Elvis hot cross bun
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then spread one side with peanut butter and the other with chilli jam.
- Fill with 2-3 rashers of grilled crispy bacon and serve.