Celeriac rostis with harissa yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- ½ celeriac, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 medium floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 5 eggs, (we used Clarence Court Burford Browns)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ground to make ½ black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml yogurt
- 2 tbsp rose harissa
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- STEP 1Tip the celeriac and potatoes into a thin, clean tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Put into a bowl with the cornflour, 1 egg, cumin seeds, ground peppercorns and plenty of salt. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- STEP 2Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spoon in four mounds of the celeriac mix to make 10cm-round rostis, then press to flatten. Fry for 4-5 minutes or until deeply golden, then flip and repeat. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the rest with the remaining oil.
- STEP 3Mix together the yogurt, harissa and lemon juice in a bowl.
- STEP 4Fry the remaining eggs to your liking, then spoon the yogurt between four plates. Top with the hot rostis and fried eggs, then scatter over the spring onions.