Pesto and potato tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4-6
- 400g waxy new potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 sheet ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 4 tbsp fresh pesto
- 3 tbsp grana padano (or veggie alternative), finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- 100g goat's cheese
- STEP 1Put the potatoes into boiling salted water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain really well.
- STEP 2
Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Unroll the pastry onto a non-stick baking sheet. Make a small diagonal cut in each corner then fold each side over to make a small border. Spread half the pesto over the base and sprinkle over the grana padano. Lay the potato slices on top, overlapping neatly, then season. Glaze the border with the egg. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp, and the potatoes tender.
- STEP 3
Crumble over the goat’s cheese and drizzle with the rest of the pesto to serve.