Cheese, onion and sriracha garlic bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4 as a side
- 50g salted butter, softened
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 large white baguette
- 125g ball mozzarella, patted dry with kitchen paper and thinly sliced
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the butter, garlic, sriracha and spring onions into a food processor and pulse to a smooth-ish paste.
- STEP 2
Lay the bread on a big sheet of foil and chunkily slice at an angle – but don’t cut all the way to the bottom of the baguette. Use a small knife to spread the butter mixture between each cut, then add a slice of mozzarella and good pinch of cheddar inside each gap too. Wrap the baguette up in the foil and bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Unwrap the top of the foil so the top of the baguette is exposed and bake for another 3-5 minutes until golden and crispy on top.