Herb, watermelon and rice noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 2 nests rice vermicelli noodles
- 400g watermelon, cut into large chunks
- a handful bean sprouts, blanched and refreshed
- a bunch mint, leaves torn
- a bunch Thai basil, leaves torn
- a bunch coriander, leaves torn
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 bird's-eye chilli, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the rice noodles following pack instructions and refresh in ice-cold water.
- STEP 2
Drain, then put in a bowl along with the watermelon and bean sprouts.
- STEP 3
In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp of water, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- STEP 4
Add the herbs and spring onions to the noodles and melon along with the dressing, toss well and pile onto a serving platter.